Things I learned from my two days of gourmet cooking:
- I would like to be a sous chef some day.
- My knife cuts need to improve greatly. Anne Burrell would be all over my case for my knife cuts.
- When ginger is not cut small enough, it tastes a little like eating tree bark.
- Cilantro is hot! Use in extreme moderation.
- I actually like coconut milk. I cooked it slowly, so it did not separate (I was really afraid of this).
- A little garlic goes a long way, despite the post my brother recently made about their never being too much garlic.
- Leftovers in my home have heretofore being quite underrated.
- Despite how delicious everything smelled, none of the boys in my home would try these two dishes.
- With directions given the right way, I was actually able to have all parts of the meal finished at the same time!
- I am looking forward to continuing my culinary journey.