10 Things About Me (in no particular order)* (Part 1)
1. For one year in middle school, thanks to the encouragement of a friend who is now a music teacher, I played the harp. I was not great at it, but it is a cool thing to share about myself.
2. I studied American Studies at the University of Wyoming for my first Masters degree. That opportunity allowed me to complete an internship in Denver at the EPA, and have “rock pile” tickets for the first season of the Rockies.
3. When I was a beginning teacher, I coached three sports: tennis, volleyball, and softball. I have also coached soccer, field hockey, and basketball. I will be the assistant coach for my daughter’s U7 team starting in two weeks.
4. I am now officially a foodie who receives Blue Apron boxes every week. I have at least three shows recording from the Food Network at any given time. If there’s a special occasion, I will suggest we go out for a nice meal. Unfortunately, 3/5th of my family thing that eating “fresh” is a punishment.
5. My daughter is adopted from Ethiopia. We were going through with an adoption from the Phillipines which was not moving along well. I read the book There is No Me without You and I felt that I was being called to Ethiopia instead. It worked out perfectly and now we even sponsor a child from Ethiopia through Compassion, to share a little of our daughter’s heritage with her.
To be continued tomorrow!