10 Things About Me (in no particular order)* (Part 2 – continued from Day 23)
6. My oldest son was born via a water birth with midwives and a doula. It was in a hospital. The whole experience was incredible. I love water. I feel that if a vacation doesn’t include water in some way, a hot tub, ocean, pool, water park, it didn’t count.
7. I don’t drink coffee or much of any caffeine. If you’ve heard me talk, especially when I get excited, you know I don’t any caffeine.
8. I sang in choirs from 2nd grade through college. I cannot sight read, which was why I didn’t sing throughout all of college. I am so excited that my younger son made county chorus. This is something I did in elementary. I still remember one of the songs. Chorus was my “team” throughout middle and high school. I could learn anything if it’s turned into a song.
9. Both my mother and father were only children. I have no aunts, uncles, or cousins. My mom only met her father for the first time when she was 28 years old. He was an amazing grandfather, who lived in San Antonio, TX. He spoke Spanish and looked like Walt Disney, to us anyway. While we didn’t get to see him very often, when we did, it was what I always dreamed family would be. He had five brothers and sisters, who all had at least two children. We would have parties that lasted long into the night with tons of abrazos from tias, tios, y primas.
10. I am exceptionally grateful for this writing community. It is only because of Two Writing Teachers that I see myself, albeit tentatively, as a writer. I will be finishing my fellowship work to become a member of the National Writing Project this semester. I owe it all to this TWT community. Thank you for reading.